Tuesday, May 8, 2012

BEST Sunday Dinner

I love Sunday dinners. Getting home from church and having dinner almost ready in a crock-pot. Just add a few things, and voila, dinner on the table in no time!!

 So last Sunday morning, I got up a little early, because I wanted to try a new chicken dish I had seen posted on Pinterest. Now, I'm no expert at Pinterest, but, I have been playing around with it long enough to know that if you see something you like, you'd better A) Like it, B) Comment on it, C) Re-post it, D) Print it, or E) All of the previous. Naturally, I had done none of those things. Needless to say, I could not find my recipe. So, never fear, I took it upon myself to make up my own. I call it "Chicken A La Quitsch". Catchy little title, yes? Thank you very much.  And it really was the BEST Sunday Dinner I've made in a long time.

 It has a very Italianish/Mediterraneanish flair to it. But which ever way you want to lean, it was delish!! So here we go!

 Chicken A La Quitsch 

 2 Bone-in/Skin-on Chicken Breasts
1 envelope Italian Dressing seasoning
1 can artichoke hearts
1 can large black olives
Drizzle of olive oil

 Place the two chicken breasts in the crock pot and drizzle with the olive oil. Drain about half the liquid off the artichoke hearts, and dump them in. Sprinkle the Italian Seasoning packet over the top. Turn the pot on high, and cook for 3 hours. (See, perfect recipe to start before Sunday School - about 9:00 - done by Noon!!)

 OK, at about the 3 hour mark, drain the olives, and dump them in. Put the lid back on and continue to cook for about the next 16 minutes.

 Now at this point, I put on some linguine noodles (water to boil - about 8 minutes, noodles to cook - about 8 minutes)

 I also opened a can of peas and carrots. Yes, fresh or frozen is WAAAAAY better, but that chicken smelled so good, it was messing with my brain.

 I also opened a jar (GASP!!!) of Alfredo Sauce. Now I can make my own, but that would be for a Saturday Supper, not a Sunday Dinner.

 By the time the peas and carrots were heated and the sauce was bubbling, the noodles were done, and it was time to eat!! Boo-yah!

 I did pull the meat off the bones of the chicken and sort of cut it up in big chunks, but you wouldn't have to. Oh, and a friend at work snarled her nose up at the black olives (what ev, Maria!!) - so you could leave those out. Although, you would totally be missing out.

 OK, what are you waiting on? Go!! Go thaw you some chicken breasts! Bon Appetit!

No comments: